Monday, May 4, 2015

"Reverence leads to Revelation." - Sister Zwick

Hey Y'all!!! 

So this past week was awesome, but also a bit of a struggle cause I was sick and then we had a half mission zone conference with Elder Zwick of the 70 up in Macon! So not as much work was done as I would have liked, but It was still awesome and I learned a lot! :)

So first off Candace has been super sick! So her baptism is pushed back and we were unable to visit her. But we texted her a lot and took over a card and a stuff Eeyore! She loved it (but was sleeping so she told us later!) Candace is having a lot of concerns and also feels like she needs more time to learn. So she isn't sure if she wants to set another date just yet. :( But I still love her tons and I can see her potential! She is great and is so willing to learn! 

So Elder Zwick! Man he is so AWESOME!!! The conference was longer than normal, but was such a spiritual powerhouse! Sometimes the spirit was so strong that it felt like you could cut it with a knife! He talked about so many different things, but they all focused on the main point of being obedient and giving your will to our Heavenly Father. He talked about how our calling is divine and that all of us were placed in our mission by an apostle of God and it is by revelation. It is the same as getting a companion and a new area! He had everyone in their companionship chose an attribute or principle they have learned together in the past 3 weeks, share a story, scripture and testify. Well he was only gonna chose 4 companionships to come up and share. So there was roughly 120 missionaries there and Sister Muegge and I were chosen... man I thought I would be nervous to get up in front of everyone, but i wasn't! Sister Muegge was, but I told her everything was ok and she prayed and then calmed down. :) We did great and then Elder Zwick had us stay up there as he talked to all of us about missionary stuff. He is so nice and very personable! And then later I won in a PMG race, so at lunch he comes up to me and congratulates me and told me again how impressed he was with my story and testimony. :) Sister Zwick also spoke to us about prayer, finding the joy in our missions every day! And she also said that reverence brings revelation. That was said at the very beginning of the conference and it totally changed the feel of it! Like I said before, it was so spiritually empowering and I had ALL of my questions and concerns answered! It was just marvelous! :) 

Proverbs 3:5 is the "Theme" scripture for the week! :) "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."  The Lord knows all things past, present and future. Follow the revelation and inspiration you receive, even when you don't understand why. Give your whole heart to Him! Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and to succeed! Never forget how much He loves each and every one of us! Luv y'all! xoxoxo 

Pics! 
1: With Sisters Call and Ellison... and the photo bomber Elders! lol
2: Valdosta Missionaries in a tree house! 
3: With Sister Schmidt!! Walker and Muegge


~ Sister Willie
With Sisters Call and Ellison... and the photo bomber Elders! lol

 With Sister Schmidt!! Walker and Muegge

Valdosta Missionaries in a tree house!

No comments:

Post a Comment