Monday, August 11, 2014

Half Way Mark...WHAT?!?!?!

Howdy y'all!!! So this week will mark 9 months, the half way mark for sisters. Oh my goodness! I can't believe how fast time flies when you are a missionary! I love losing myself in the work, spreading the good news and just having a great time being a servant of the Lord! I am so grateful for this experience and all that I am learning! This really is the true gospel and it brings so much happiness and joy into my life and into others lives! It changes people for the better and gives us countless miracles! Oh how I just LOVE this gospel! I feel so blessed to be able to share it with others and for it to be my main focus for these short 18 months. :)

Well it is the start of a new transfer and I have a fantastic new companion!!! Sister Schmidt! She is 19 and from Bountiful Utah, my first companion that is from Utah too! She is so great and such a hard worker with a very cheerful disposition, so needless to say we get along great! :) She is allergic to everything! Gluten, dairy, eggs and all meat except for fish. So this is gonna be a great and healthier transfer! I am way excited to eat with her! Her last companion complained about her allergies, but I am excited to go through this with her! Plus hopefully I can lose some weight by being fed just veggies, fruit and rice! ;) hehe

Ok anyways onto what happen this past week! We taught this sweet old man and his wife the restoration. Robert and Laverkin (or something around those lines...) He was pretty open to listen to us, but she just hid in the back room, but Robert was able to convince her to come join us! She was very friendly and had great questions! I feel like she is more interested in learning than her husband is now! The spirit was super strong and we bore testimony that Joseph Smith is truly a prophet of God! I am excited to go back and teach them the plan of salvation! 

Church yesterday was incredible! During Sunday school Brittney shared her conversion story and how she knows this Church is true! Wow! It was so powerful! I feel so blessed to have helped her find this gospel and watch her grow and get baptized! That's what every missionary want, a strong convert! I just love her so much and I know Glen will be baptized soon! He is just scared and needs to take a leap of faith! 

This morning President Cottle called us this morning and told us we get to do something pretty amazing! Sister Schmidt and I get to go sing with the Tifton zone at their stake conference this weekend and guess who is gonna be there?!?! Elder Oaks!!!! SO COOL!!!! Only a few sister from our zone were asked to join! We feel so blessed and honored to have this neat experience! I am super stoked! Sister Schmidt is hilarious! She ran around the house giggling and screaming while I talked with President and Sister Cottle! lol I just love her! :) 

I love y'all SO MUCH! Keep being amazing and know how much our Father in Heaven loves you! Don't ever doubt it! Keep smiling! XOXO

~ Sister Tara Willie 


 Last pic with Sister Abad :( We are with our new comps!

  These haystacks are pretty neat... plus they were super hard to climb up in a skirt! lol! :) 

  With Sister Schmidt and one of the sweetest ladies (Peta Arnold) every! (She was visiting from Logan UT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment