Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Temple Blessings!!

Dearest Family & Friends!!!! 

The weeks keep flying by! It’s kind of scary! This Saturday will be transfer calls... I hope and pray that I will be staying in Cochran with Sister Schmidt for another transfer!! The odds really are not good though. I've been here for 6 months/4 transfers and 2 of those transfers with Sis. Schmidt! But we love each other SO much! And I really don't feel like my work is done here... We will see what the Lord has planned for me/us though. 

This week we had Zone Conference!!! It was the BEST ZC so far!!! The new movie "Meet the Mormons" ( http://meetthemormons.com/#/filter-all/page-1 ) Was the first thing we talked about. Missionaries are not allowed to go see it in the theaters or even proselyte near them! So as a gift from the first presidency, all missionaries (maybe just in the US...?) got to watch it! President Cottle was given a copy and a time (30 days) that all his missionaries had to see it by! So that’s what we did in the first 2 hours!!! It was so awesome and inspirational!! I hope all of you will go see it! It is worth your time! Plus all the money is being donated to the American Red Cross! So that’s pretty neat! But warning! It’s a tear jerker! lol! All the Sisters cried... and a few Elders too! ;) 
I've been studying Presidents Uchtdorf's talk "Living the Gospel Joyful" From the General Women's meeting a few weeks ago. This paragraph stood out to me: 
"Once you understand the true nature of God and His commandments, you will also better understand yourselves and the divine purpose of your existence. With this, your motivation for following the commandments changes, and it becomes your heart’s desire to live the gospel joyfully."  

This is SO true! I feel like this is what we teach less actives the most, but it is true for all of us, no matter how firm our testimonies are. 

Some way exciting news!!! My convert Brittney went to the Temple on Saturday!!! Oh it was so beautiful talking with her after and just seeing her GLOW! She is doing so great! She now has a calling, she is the Primary secretary and she is going to be speaking this Sunday in sacrament meeting!!! I am SO proud of her! She is so ready to be sealed to her family! She really wants to be sealed in SLC temple... but first we got to get her hubby Glen baptized! He know it’s true, just isn't ready to make this change in his life. :(  But I know he will be baptized one day! He just needs to make it a priority in his life! 

Bethany and her whole family are struggling. It reminds me of the quote: "On this mortal journey we must never think that our choices affect only us." - Elder Kacher. It truly saddens me when the mother makes a decision (and she knows it’s not the best) without thinking of her children. The ward and us are doing all we can to help this family. Bethany's desire has gone down. :( She still wants to keep learning but there is no motivation behind it anymore. Please pray for her and her family, that her Mother will make the right decision, that she will receive an answer to her question, recognize it and be brave enough to act upon it! Thanks Y'all! 

I love y'all SO much! Keep praying for missionary experiences! Don't be afraid to share what you know, we are all missionaries working together! Much love! XOXO

Pictures!
1: With most of the sisters in my zone, the AP's and ZL's after Zone Conference!
2: I LOVE Cochran SO SO SO MUCH!!!!! 
3: With Ken and Wendy! :) 

~ Sister Willie
 With most of the sisters in my zone, the AP's and ZL's after Zone Conference!

I LOVE Cochran SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!  




With Ken and Wendy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment