Wednesday, March 11, 2015

In the V town!!

Here is Tara's newest address:
1574 Baytree rd. #23
Valdosta, GA 31602 


Hey Y'all!!!

SO my new area is Valdosta Georgia and I am over the YSA branch here... its tiny! But I am loving it here already! I feel like I am suppose to be here! :) Plus since we are on the Florida border it is HOT!!! My companion is Sister An from Taiwan! She is a Salt Lake Temple square missionary on her outbound. She has only been here for one transfer and doesn't know the area too well, so we have been getting lost a lot! lol! :)

The branch is super small and only has 3 to 5 active people. So we have a lot of work to do. But we also work with the family ward too. There are 4 Elders in the ward, so lots of missionaries! Way fun! :) I spoke in sacrament yesterday and it was different, but cool! We meet in the relief society room and there was only 8 to 10 people there, so I felt more like I was giving a lesson, than a talk... but people couldn't answer. It has to be my favorite talk that I have given out here so far! They just asked me to speak on what I have learned on my mission and how it has strengthen my testimony in Christ! So I talked a lot on charity, the BOM, doing God's will and being humble! "Christlike love is the greatest need we have on this planet." - Elder Holland

We had this amazing media referral! Sylvia is in her 40's and use to meet with missionaries in the 80's! She told us that one day at work a customer was reading the BOM and she asked to borrow it. She remembered reading it and the peace it brought her. So the girl gave her the church's phone number but every time she called no one answered. Well later she was online and an ad for the church popped up! And she says she normally ignores them, but this time she looked and ordered a BOM! Well is was only 3 days later that we showed up! SHe was so excited and touched! :) She wants to learn more and come to church! Woot woot!

I really miss my last companion: Sister Gray! We have become best friends! She also has a temple square sister! But I know that the Lord has a great plan for us all, so we can continue to progress and improve! During relief society they share a quote that I really like. "Christ changes men, and changed men can change the world." - President Benson.

I love y'all so much! xoxoxo

~ Sister Willie
Sister An and I eating our asian food! :)


You never know what you're gonna find!


All of the Valdosta missionaries!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment