Monday, March 31, 2014

Life is like stealing candy from a Gorilla!!

Dear Family and Friends! 

Transfers are tomorrow....... but I am staying in Beaufort for one more transfer! I am pretty happy to be staying. I love this area, my companion, the people and plus I really don't want to pack. You get so many little knick-knacks on your mission, like sharks teeth and paintings. lol :) 

This past week I went on exchanges with the STL's (sister training leaders, who are kinds like Zone leaders.) Sister Waycott came to Beaufort with me! She is a great sister! We went knocking and had a lot of doors slammed in our face! But it was still fun and we just laughed it off. We also saw Scherra, the Elders investigator.... for the past 3 years she has been taking the discussions and even sets a BCD but then she gets scared and backs out. :( The Elders have asked us to randomly visit her and just become her friend. We hope and pray she will let go of her fear and move forward in faith. Elder and Sister George drove us to Savannah to pick up Sister Clouse. It was so funny! We ran to each other because we missed one another so much! lol :) It had only been 24 hours.... hehe My companion is pretty cool! Also E/S George took us downtown Savannah on the way back so we could see a little bit of it! It was pretty cool, but I think Beaufort is a lot prettier! (I may be a little bias though..)

We started teaching another 9 year old! Teyla is from a less active family and wants to get baptized, but her dad isn't too keen on her making this decision right now. Silly parents! Seriously you are not helping your child out by keeping them from salvation! But her Mom is all for it... we put her on date, but we will see how this goes. Fingers crossed... oh and of course lots of prayer! ;) 

The Women's Conference was wonderful!!! I loved how much they talked about keeping our covenants and to be unified. :) I hope you all were able to watch it, if not then it’s a good thing it’s online so you don't have to miss out! ;) hehehe. Also I spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday with two of the Elders. Our 'mutual theme' was the Book of Mormon! I spoke on how the BOM is the keystone of our religion. If the BOM wasn't true then neither would the rest of our religion. How great to know that once you have a testimony of the BOM it will help lead you to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and all the doctrine is true! A few investigators were at church so it made it even more special to be speaking. :) 

I love you all very much and I really appreciate your prayers and support. Keep smiling and always remember you are children of an almighty God and that He loves you! :) XOXOXO


~ Sister Tara Willie

Haha! We are just random! :) 

Downtown just got cooler!! 

This guy made me a bouquet of 'roses' from palmetto leafs/things. So sweet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment